MEDICARE GROUP CO : THE AGM ENDORSES ITEMS ON IT’S AGENDA AND EGM POSTPONES DUE TO THE LACK OF THE REQUIRED QUORUM
Medicare Group Co. announces the results of the AGM and EGM. The meeting was held on 21/03/2022 and the following resolution were approved
1. The General Assembly heard and endorsed the Board of Director’s report on the Company’s business activities and company’s performance during the Financial Year ended on 31/12/2021; and the future business plan.
2. The General Assembly heard the External Auditor’s report on the Company’s financial statement for the financial year ended on 31/12/2021, and endorsed it.
3. The General Assembly discussed and endorsed the Company’s financial statement for the financial year ended on 31/12/2021.
4. The General Assembly endorsed the Board of Directors recommendation for distributing cash dividends of 25% of nominal share value (i.e QR 0.25 per share).
5. The General Assembly absolved the board of Directors from liability for the financial year ended on 31/12/2021; and endorse their remuneration.
6. The General Assembly reviewed the Company’s Governance Report for the Year 2021; and endorsed the report.
7. The General Assembly appointed M/s. Ernst & Young as External Auditors for the financial year 2022 and fixed their fees.
8. The General Assembly approved the recommendation of the Board of Directors to allocate an amount of QR 139,650 (one hundred thirty-nine thousand six hundred and fifty Qatari Riyals) to be added to the remaining amount of the fund allocated to treat the cases who are not able to afford the treatment fees, which was previously approved by the Ordinary General Meeting in the amount of one million Qatari Riyals.
As for the Extraordinary General Assembly meeting, and due to non- quorum of the meeting, it was postponed to the second meeting (alternative date) which will be held on next Monday, March 28, 2022 at 6:30 pm with the same mechanism (electronically).
Please find attached the announcement addressed to the company’s shareholders inviting them to receive their cash dividends containing the information related to the distribution process, to be kindly published on Qatar Stock Exchange’s website.