Doha Bank: The AGM and EGM Endorses items on it’s agenda
Doha Bank announces the results of the AGM and EGM. The meeting was held on 23/03/2022 and the following resolution were approved
Ordinary General Assembly of the Shareholders:
1. The AGM has unanimously endorsed the Board of Directors’ Corporate Governance Report for the year 2021.
2. The AGM has unanimously endorsed the balance sheet and the profit and loss accounts for the financial year ended on 31st of December 2021 and the Board of Directors “the BOD” recommendation to distribute cash dividends to shareholders for QR. (0.075) per share.
3. The AGM has unanimously agreed to discharge the BOD from the liability for the fiscal year 2021 and to pay remunerations for the Board members for this year.
4. The AGM has unanimously agreed to appoint “PWC” with fees amount QRs. 3,075,000 to audit the Bank’s accounts for year ending on 31/12/2022 including auditing the Islamic activities, foreign branches accounts (except for the Bank’s branches in India), Sharq Insurance Company accounts, Investment fund’s accounts and periodical reports as per QCB requirements during 2022 and Governance code for companies and legal entities listed in the main market issued by QFMA.
Extra Ordinary General Assembly of the Shareholders:
1. The EGM has unanimously agreed to approve the proposed amendments to Articles (14, 16, 21, 23, 25, 26, 27, 31, 35, 37, 38, 41, 42, 43, 44, 48 and 55) of the Company’s Article of Association and add a new article under No. (26, repeated) in accordance with the amendment of the Commercial Law No. (8) for the year 2021.
2. The EGM has unanimously agreed to authorize the Chairman and/or the Vice Chairman and/or the Managing Director to individually obtain the necessary approvals from the competent authorities, and make any modification to the Article of Association that might be required from any authorities and ratifying the authorization.